Sunday, January 18, 2009

2008 Christmas Concert

That's me, with the oboe. Behind me is Giovanni, the cellist. I got this picture from the Christmas 2008 Concert that I did with my old high school friend, Ronny.

I haven't seen him for years, but somehow we worked together on this project. He turned out to be the conductor, a very good one, for his church choir at GKIM Gloria.

Somehow he managed to found me, and asked me to create the orchestral arangement for his church's Christmas concert. I happened to share the arrangement project with my former trumpet instructor, Mr Jodi.

It still amazes me up to this day, how Ronny managed to build such a solid choir from a mere 300-strong congregation. It looks like 1 out of 5 members of the church has joined the choir. Amazing feat, some says it is a miracle, although I'm not that kind of religious person.

No comments: